Saturday 28 December 2013

Abbey Road Stomp

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, here we are again.  I was working on this yesterday but ran out of day.  So it seems to go.  Soon another year will be over.  Here's hoping 2014 bring us all the good things.

I'm working on the December sketch for the Die-Namites dare.   I have been wanting to try a new technique and thought this would be a good opportunity. 



I've used My Minds Eye Abbey Road papers.  The blue card base is Stomp "Watch Out" Lizard Eggs paper and the Tag is Stomp "Brothers" Dinosaur Dots paper.  I just love those names!!  The dots paper had a fancy edge which I have taken advantage of.  



This is so cool.  I have seen this a few places and wanted to give it a go.  Die cut your image from the same paper as the background to give an embossed effect.  Love this.  I cut Die-Namites Spring Branch twice from the Lizard Eggs paper.  Where it crosses the dots paper I thought it needed  something extra so I masked and inked the center area with VersaMagic Aegean Blue.  This is such a lovely delicate die cut.  It looks gorgeous used in this manner. 





I added some Making Memories brads and some twine I dyed with DI Vintage photo.  The chipboard was coloured with VersaMagic Aegean Blue and ColorBox Alabaster chalk and then I used Imagination Crafts Jade Sparkle Medium on the edge.  The Gratulerer (congratulations in Norwegian) sentiment is a gold sticker.  


My card is joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.   Back soon.....

6 comments:

Arlene said...

Very clever technique. Wonderful!

Laura Sterckx said...

Great card! I love the colors and the gold sentiment! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Kay Wallace said...

Love this technique, Gail, and it definitely does look "embossed." Your design is awesome!

Heather said...

A lovely card - a great design and I love your embossed feeling of your die cut and a fabulous sentiment panel!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

What a FABULOUS take on Die~Namites Sketch Challenge and Dare.....such a GREAT TECHNIQUE...and you ROCKED IT!!!

THANK YOU for playing along!!!!

redmom said...

I love your take on the sketch!!! What a fabulous technique, I'll have to try that!! Thank you for playing along!