Sunday 7 July 2013

All at Sea

Hi followers and friends.  A special hello to my new followers.  Welcome again to my little bit of blogland.  Managed to get a good bit of weeding done last night so hoping to get some more plants in place today.  The weather isn't so good, looks like rain, but that's OK.  

Over at PaperArtsy Sue Carrington has been sharing some amazing projects.   I have started my tag screen as well but it's not finished so I am going to share a project inspired by Sue's post using fabric


I have never done tie die so this was a new one on me but I followed Sue's instructions and ended up with this.  Quite pleased with the mottled effect.  


I stamped one of the ladies from LPC001 in black, masked her and then stamped a selection of small stamps from SIDD5, LPC001 and LPC022 in Colourbox Arctic Deep Chalk.  New medium I wanted to try.  Didn't know if it would work but it seems OK.  Nice colour on the fabric.


I didn't have a precut mount like Sue used and thought I would like to mount this onto something.  I cut a piece of card from a box and stuck my fabric to it.  I embossed around the edge with gold embossing powder, spritzed with gold glimmer mist and added some buttons.  Then for the background......  I tried a few things including some bits left from past projects but my little picture seemed to get a bit lost.  So I went CAS.....


This frame is not quite right and a little bit big but I'm working with what I have on a Sunday morning.  What do you think??  The card I backed it with is textured but that doesn't really show in the picture.

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes
Stampotique Designers Challenge 107 - Recycle It (cardboard packing and frame are recycled)
The Artistic Stamper - Ladies Day

Thanks for joining me.  Hope you have a fun, relaxing, creative Sunday.  Please choose the most appropriate.  Thanks for your support and taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it.  Lots. 

11 comments:

Craftyfield said...

You're brave to have tried the tie-die! Lovely piece and I agree with you the frame is a bit big for it. If all else fails, I think it stands up on its own, what with the embossing providing a frame already.

ionabunny said...

Hi Craftyfield, thanks for the input. It just seemed a little unfinished by itself. A 'I'm not sure what I want to be' type of thing. Will try and find a better frame for it.

Sylvia said...

Great project, tie dye takes me back a few years. Love how yours turned out and the finished piece, I agree with Craftyfield the embossing frames it nicely and a frame may not be necessary.

Sylv xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

I think it is very striking and elegant,

Lucy x

Sam & Poppy said...

That's great recycling, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

Candy C said...

Very cool project. Love the tie dye type of mottled background on the fabric! Your stamp of the lady is very neat. I also liked the way you masked her and added the other random stamping. The one set on the gold background is also very striking. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Reflective Art Studio said...

Very Clever.... Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
Sarinda

Kay Wallace said...

I have come back to this several time, Gail, and am now ready to comment. First, and foremost, I love this piece of art!!! It is so good that I would almost think it could have been found in your grandmother's attic! Yep, that good! Now, at first, I, too, thought that the frame was oversized, but, on returning time after time, I have made friends with this oversized frame and have come to the conclusion that it is perfect. In days gone by, it was in vogue to have small pieces of art in larger frames so the "era" of your creation makes it a perfect choice! Love it as it is, Gail!

Scrappekatten said...

Thank you for your comment at scrappekattens og my LP wallhanging.
I would like you to know that me and my online store is the only one who is offering PaperArtsy stuff in Norway. Lynne Perella are my favorite stamps, and frescofinish, and the grunge paste and the.....................
Visit
www.scrapcrafts4you.no

france papillon said...

gorgeous piece, great work!
thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge :)
france

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I really like this :) and thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge this month :)