Saturday 29 June 2013

Going to the Chapel and....

Hi everyone and welcome.  A special welcome to Connie who has just joined the Nomad following.  Hope you are all having a fun and mojo filled Saturday.  The end of the month is looming and as usual there are projects I have been working on, or at least thinking on, that are due for submission.  Luckily the weather is a bit so so, a chance to be in and craft.  The weeds will still be there later.  Or maybe even more weeds!!  You can't tame nature, just bully it a little.....

Over at Cheery Lynn this week it's all about weddings.  This gave me an ideal opportunity to use my art pads from LOTV.  I love these, a bit of a cheat but fab for us what can't colour.  Quick if you are in a hurry and a nice variety of images.  I was also lucky enough to win the weekly candy draw last week so I got myself a set of their brand new Madame tags.  These are so pretty.  I expect they will be appearing all over the place.  Well, all over my place anyway.....


I wanted to go a bit vintage.  Not my strongest style.  Not that I'm sure I have a particular style.  I'm a bit mix and match maybe?  Anyway I found this nice old parchment coloured card and cut a Cheery Lynn English Tea party doily from it.  Then I had this gorgeous rose printed card which I cut the same doily from and matted onto the first card.  I backed the aperture with Basic Grey Colour Me Silly paper COL-389, which is so not vintage but I loved the bright red and orange to lift everything a bit.  Then I mounted the doily cut from the parchment colour card on sticky pads over the aperture, with a slight twist.  


I cut the LOTV Mr & Mrs image from the art pad and added some iridescent glitter to her veil and dress.  I made a double rosette from the rose card and added some die cut and gold embossed flowers using COL-389 from Sizzix Flowers and Vine #3.  The tag is from the LOTV Madame tag set, coloured with DI Walnut Stain and Barn Door.  I used glossy accents on the heart.  I thought the 'With Love' sentiment fitted perfectly.  


A bit of a closer look at the central details. 

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge - Wonderful Weddings
LOTV Challenge - Use a Sentiment
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Flowers
Country View Challenges - Die Cuts

Thanks for dropping by.  Leave me a little love so I know you were here.  It looks like the sun is trying to shine so off to pull a few weeds.  Have a great day everyone.......

10 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love that bride and groom! You pulled off the vintage look perfectly!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lori said...

What a lovely job going vintage with the wedding theme. Thank you for joining us this week at CLD's challenge and best of luck.

xxxtglxxx said...

This is beautiful! :)

Stunning creation, I just love the layout and gorgeous details!

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sylvia said...

Lovely vintage style wedding card, great backing paper and love the doily and rosette embellishment.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

Gorgeous outcome, Gail! Bravo!

Sandy said...

This is so romantic and beautifully done. Now you have me singing that song!!
sandy

Unknown said...

Vintage and weddings do seem to go perfect together! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge!
hugs,
Gini

Erica said...

Hi Iona, such a gorgeous card!

Thanks for entering our 'Use A Sentiment' challenge, good luck!

Erica
Lili of the Valley

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely wedding card, I particularly like the papers you chose to use and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts in our die-cuts challenge.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Unknown said...

so pretty - Thanks for playing at That Craft Place this challenge xx