Sunday 28 April 2013

Hello Mother, What's on TV?

Good evening friends and followers.  It seems Spring may finally be with us.  It's been a dreary couple of days but it seems a bit warmer, at least during the day, and the grass is starting to green up.  There's even a few spring flowers and of course the weeds are starting to show.  Actually, I am quite looking forward to some serious weeds!!  I have had a bit of a bunny explosion and trying to keep many hungry mouths fed is quite a task.  

Over at Cheery Lynn they want us to be making something for Mothers Day.  Now this is my third Mothers Day this year.  In Norway it's the second Sunday in February, sometimes coinciding with Valentines Day.   Then it's March in the UK.  Obviously we are now looking at the US Mothers Day.  I wonder if there is a Mothers Day every month somewhere in the world??  

I have made a very simple card utalising some lovely papers I bought last week.  Sometimes I feel it's a bit of a cheat not getting messy with the inks and paints but then again they are so lovely it seems a pity not to take advantage.  


I cut a Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily from cream card and coloured it with DI Picked Raspberry and Brilliance Galaxy Gold.  I cut a piece of the Prima Marketing Lyric collage for the centre and have used a different piece as the card background.  I thought the sentiment was perfect for mother.  I cut a Mini Dimensional Butterfly from some card I had coloured with alcohol inks. 

Here's a bit of a closer look at the butterfly and the lovely colours on the doily.  Yum.  

Entering this for
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 77 - Mothers Day
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Colour 
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes 

Happy crafting.  Thanks for dropping by. 

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty card, lovely Spring feel and the doily is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Sylvia said...

Lovely papers and die cut doily, fab card.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

First, Happy Mother's Day, Gail! This is just a wonderful card! I like anything vintage, so this is especially appealing to me! Brilliant use of that doily!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Gail, such pretty colours, just perfect for a Spring card.
You have to be the first person I have ever come across who is looking forward to weeds lol. Hope the bunnies get a good feast :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx