Thursday 13 December 2012

Wag the Dog

Hello, friends and followers, those who are and those who may be.  Apologies for the time since my last post.  I brought an unexpected hitch-hiker back from England and have spent the last week under the influence of a nasty little virus.  Sunday I would have been happy to have had my head cut off but am relieved now I didn't succumb to that particular impulse since it probably would have further delayed my return to blogland.  So here we are, better, but not 100%, but so many things to do so can't let the nasties keep us down.  Luckily I don't get sick very often, although I think that did make me a particularly pathetic patient.  Best wishes to anyone suffering at the moment from all those nasty little bugs that are doing the rounds.  May we all be fresh and healthy for Christmas. 

So I've missed a few challenges I was hoping to play along with but the joy is there are always more.  Today I managed to complete another page of my calendar for The Craft Barn Challenge.  This is getting quite exciting now because next week is the final challenge.  As I am a little bit behind this is my week 9 entry when the theme was teal, rust, white.  Lovely colour combination and it allowed me to use a beach theme that I had been hoping to incorporate.


I inked the pages in a patchy sort of way with a teally shade of blue.  I used Sizzix decorative strip "A day at the beach" for the phrase, chair and parasol.  The beach is some yellow paper that I have embossed with blue snowflakes.  OK, that's a bit strange for my August page but maybe they could be starfish, or sand dollars, or some other exotic crustacean.  This is art, luverly, art.  We hope!  The young Victorian (who incidentally also looks like she has dressed for a cool august visit to the beach) is Crafty Individuals stamp CI-158 stamped in rust ink.  The two images are from CI miniatures book 'People and Places'.   A hint of a tint of blue on the calendar tab and the job is done, although there is a chance I may have to change the parasol colours.  It looks a bit not quite right.  Maybe, maybe........

Entering this for The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge 9 - teal, rust and white

Take care, keep well and watch this space for our next exciting instalment.......

Don't forget to check out the  Art With No Boundaries Ezine  Great projects and tips.  


1 comment:

Sylvia said...

A very summery calender page, love the donkey. Glad you are feeling a little better, hopefully you will be 100% for Christmas.

Sylv x