Saturday 15 December 2012

Just snow you know

Wednesday it snowed all day.  It was snowing when we got up and when we went to bed and all the hours between.  Lots of snow.  I've lost one of my free ranger rabbits.  I hope she is just hiding under all the snow and hasn't taken advantage of the fact that the top of the fence is not as far away as usual.  I'm sure if she has made a break for freedom she will find plenty to eat.  Unfortunately, there are also more things which might take the chance to eat her.  Here's hoping she has been a sensible rabbit and made herself a cosy place under the snow.   

This week at The Craft Barn the calendar challenge theme is circles.  That's nice and easy.  I just need to think of some round things for my heart shaped world.  

 
I wanted something bright.  Luckily I have Sizzix Framelit circle set so I selected four handmade papers in bright colours and cut two sizes of circles.  Then I stuck them down so they overlapped to give the background.  Then I wanted some round sentiments to fit in with the circles.  Searched the stash and found..... nothing!  Had some very nice fish for tea.  Checked out a few blogs.  Played some cards.  Ohh, inspiration.  Have Word, can print.  DIY embelies.  Sometimes I think we are too dependant on popping to the shop for that perfect something.  So I printed the sentiments I wanted in a suitably roundish font onto some cardstock and then cut them with the framelits set.  A couple of butterflies cut using Cheery Lynns mini butterfly set, the calendar tab and another month closer to complete. 

So this is my entry for The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge Week 11 - Circles

I've got one week that I need to catch up on and Izzy will be giving the final challenge on Sunday and the 2012 calendar will be complete.  Hurrah.  It seemed such a big idea, twelve projects, twelve weeks, but almost done now.  Time flies.  

Take care, thanks for dropping by.  If you have time please leave a comment.  Your kind words are marshmallows in my hot chocolate.   
 

10 comments:

Julia S-W said...

I seem to have lost the comment I was writing here - how strange. If you've received an unfinished comment, then I do apologise. Your page is beautifully vibrant in colours perfect for a July day! I love how you've layered all the circles and that must have taken quite a while to complete. Add to that the cutting around the scalloped hearts, this page spread represents lots of work.
I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit - I do hope she hasn't come to any harm! Stay warm.
Juliax
You need more followers to admire your work so I'm your latest!

Elaine said...

Love your bright July page - great choice of papers and then overlapping the circles to give even more shades.

Sylvia said...

Loving the warm summer colours, and the sentiments say it all we should all dare, dream, do, laugh, live and love and enjoy life to the full. Where have the last 11 weeks gone, time certainly does fly!

Hope the bunny turns up and is just hiding in the snow.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely bright pages!

Scrapmate said...

Very suitable page with perfect colours for July ...it's also brightening up my grey December day too!

Craftyfield said...

Such a colourful page ! Love the layered circles too..

ionabunny said...

Welcome Julia, and thanks for your kind comments

paulaexuk said...

Well it is certainly bright, the colours and shapes make a wonderful calendar page. Bravo

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic page, love the bright colors.

woodandfabric said...

Wonderful bright page! I love the way you used so many circles. It's Beautiful!
Michelle